Charger Engineering Limited
#8 – 9510 189th Street, Surrey, B.C. Canada, V4N 4W7 Phone: (604) 888-3682 Fax: (604) 888-3438
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.chargerengineering.com
Next Generation® Power Slitter – Standard Specifications
- The belt slitter is free standing, hydraulically operated and self contained. No overhead equipment for loading or unloading belting inventory is required. Infinitely variable speeds on all windup and feed roll motors. Hydraulic rewind assemblies at infeed and outfeed ends can easily be engaged or disengaged to facilitate winding, loading and unloading.
- Available in 72″, 84″, 96″ & 120″ (3 meter) wide models. Heavy tubular and plate steel construction.
- Our innovative method of slightly increasing size of bottom rolls, which keeps the material tight, along with laser cut knife holders, are key factors in being able to offer a highly accurate machine for slitting materials from 1/64″ up to 1 1/4″
- North American hydraulic components, which are available world wide (Gresen & Hawe directional control valves, CharLynn, Bosch or Parker Motors, Pump and Valves).
- Two lower drive rolls that are coarse-machined to ensure positive traction for belt slitting and rewinding. Rolls are powered by hydraulic motors with infinitely variable speeds from 0 to 120 feet per minute.
- Two coarse-machined upper table rolls, which are manually raised and lowered for pinching the belting to the powered rolls. (Power pinch rolls available.)
- Knife-holder mounting bar is manually operated to raise or lower cutting blades.
- Knife-holders hold both Hyde-type for standard belting, and economical Exacto-type blades, which are used in cutting lightweight belting at high speed.
- Parallel belt-guiding fences with operator side fence being hand operated. Far side fence is operated by momentary activation of hydraulic motor to advance or retract.
- Fences travel full width of table for optimum usage.
- Hydraulic power unit is mounted under the table section. Parker piston pump mounted on a drip tray reservoir. Motor voltage of 208-600 volts, 3-phase power, depending on requirements.
- Hydraulically operated lift with Next Generation Acme Screw Scissor Lift System standard on all sizes.(allows for lower overall profile of machine). Lift Capacity up to 50,000 lbs.
- The unit is fully-assembled and shop-tested prior to disassembly into palletized sections for shipping. Approx. 12,000 lbs.
- Average delivery 8-10 weeks.
- Machine is duty and tax free to US and Mexican companies.
Next Generation® Power Slitter – Options Available
- Side Shift options can be added to Unwind and Windup Ends. This feature allows for correcting poorly rolled belting that may be rolled telescopically.
- 80 Durometer Vulcanized rolls can be added for aiding in tracking and traction of smooth finished materials.
- Powered Pinch Rolls for increased productivity and operator ease.
- Walk through feature on both ends for easy access by personel to set up knife system and set materials.
- Power cross cut for cutting belt lengths. This feature allows for safe, efficient, and accurate cutting of belt to its final length. The pay back of this feature is very quick.
- Extra Drive Bars are available in 2″ x 2″, 3″ x 3″ & 4″ x 4″ to accommodate your available cores.
- Lineal Counters ( Imperial or Metric ).
- Hydraulic Oil Cooler – for hotter / humid climates and work environments.
- Draw Bar support stands. These give extra support to drive bars when cutting extra heavy rolls.
- Aerated Table – provides an air cushion that allows for less friction and higher operating speeds.
- Stand-alone Hydraulic Winder for better production. Operators can keep orders separated more easily.
- Bottom line is “quality work at a fair price” – since 1985 © Charger Engineering Ltd.